Teen Reporter Kobe has sneakers and hoops in his blood and talks how you can make it in the shoe game!
By Kobe C., myclubmylife.com Teen Reporter, BGCs of Port St. Lucie County (Fla.)
My name is Kobe C. You can probably guess where I got my name from and who my mother’s favorite NBA player is! She is also a big fan of Allen Iverson, one of the greatest guards of all time, I might add.
I’m 16 and a sophomore in high school. I LOVE sneakers. Basketball, casual, dress, soccer. You name it, I love them. I’m here to tell you about a great method of acquiring sneakers.
Are you having difficulties finding the shoes you want and like? Stressed out? Are you wondering if you’re ever going to get your shoe game up or finally get some heat in your collection? Do you have many pairs of shoes and you’d like to earn some extra cash?
Well guess what? I have a solution for you! Join your local sneaker market via social media. No matter where you live, there is a sneaker group for your area. In these groups you can buy, sell and trade sneakers with other teens, but there are some important things to remember in order to be safe.
1. Never go on a meetup alone. A meetup is when two sneaker heads agree to meet somewhere publicly in order to exchange sneakers.
2. Never go to a meetup after dark.
3. Never do a meetup at your house. This is a business transaction -- other kids do not need to know where you live.
4. Don’t flake. Flaking is when you agree to a meetup and either don’t show or change your mind without notifying the
5. Make sure that the meetup occurs face to face. Don’t trade off from a car or while the other person is in the car.
6. Always inspect the sneakers and allow yours to be inspected before the deal is finalized.
By sticking to these guidelines you are sure to get your hands on rare, unique, and inexpensive sneakers. Now, good luck and get to buying, selling and trading sneakers!